Recently, I saw friends discussing the treatment of grassroots on the wall. Today we will share some knowledge about the treatment of grassroots on the wall. The treatment of the base layer of the wall is an essential part of the decoration of the wall. Generally, the construction technology is different depending on the conditions of the wall. Generally divided into the following types:
New wall construction technology
1. Use a special tool to check whether the humidity in the wall meets the standard, and then perform a pH test on the wall. If the basicity of the wall is too high, the wall can be cured for 1 month before other wall treatments.
2. If there are defects such as hollow drums and cracks on the surface of the wall, remove the hollow drums on the wall surface and repair the cracks and irregularities on the wall surface with putty or cement mortar to ensure the wall The smoothness of the layer ensures that the paint can be applied evenly and beautifully.
3. If there is floating sand or lime sand on the surface of the wall, you can use a spatula or scraper to shovel the sand or lime sand on the surface. You can also use a wire brush or a hard-broom bamboo broom to remove the sand and lime sand on the surface. Clean it up.
4. If there are traces of sand holes or plaster on the surface of the wall, you can cover it with cement mortar, and then use a sander to smooth the wall surface. If the surface of the wall has nail heads, the nail heads must be rust-proofed, and then the wall surface must be painted.
Unpainted old wall base treatment
1. The basic treatment of the old wall is more complicated than that of the new wall. First remove the decorations on the old wall, and then clean the dust, oil, etc. on the old wall. For the cracked and peeled parts on the old wall surface, it can be repaired with cement mortar, and the surface of the wall body can be brushed and flattened.
2. If mildew appears on the old wall, it means that the initial waterproofing of the wall is not completed. When the wall is renovated, the waterproofing of the wall must be performed first.
Basement treatment of painted old wall
1. Use a wire brush or shovel to clean the discolored, faded and powdered paint on the surface of the old wall, and rinse it with water. After it is dry, repair and sand the wall. In order to ensure the smoothness of the wall surface, it will not affect the secondary construction of the wall.
2. If the paint film on the surface of the old wall after painting is well preserved, the stains on the wall surface are cleaned with water, and the wall decoration is directly performed.
Need to brush the wall?
1. If there is some powder on the interface to be processed, it is possible to use a wall to seal the bottom. But if the proportion of cement mortar in your home is appropriate, or the quality of the gypsum used for leveling is too high, every step follows the construction standards, which is not practical for wall fixing.
2. If the base of the original wall is very flat and free of bulges and cracks, it can be reinforced with wall solids. However, if the substrate is not very good, it is recommended to completely remove and redo the wall surface.
What is wall solidification? Wall solidification is wall curing glue, which is actually an interface agent. It plays a role in connecting and lowering the ground, consolidating the base and allowing other substances to cover it.
The wall is an important part of the building, and the wall substrate is a functional product of wall masonry, wall foundation treatment, wall repair and bridge and wall covering decorative materials, covering technical mortar, waterproof materials, Construction adhesives and other industries are the cornerstone of modern construction.
Technical mortar is usually called hydraulic cement mixed mortar, which refers to a kind of granular or powdery material that is physically mixed in a certain proportion by drying and sieving aggregates, inorganic cementitious materials and additives, etc. The materials are transported to the construction site and can be used directly after mixing with water.
The building’s envelope structure should prevent the penetration of rain, snow and groundwater; the moisture, steam and other harmful gases and liquids in the air must be prevented from being invaded; Leaked and eroded materials are collectively called waterproof materials.
Construction adhesive is an indispensable material in construction engineering and has a wide range of uses. In the process of architectural decoration, it is mainly used for board bonding, wall pretreatment, wallpaper paste, ceramic wall and floor tiles, various flooring, and carpet laying. In terms of bonding, a series of properties such as waterproofness, tightness, elasticity, and impact resistance have been added. This can not only improve the quality of building decoration, increase aesthetic comfort, but also improve the construction process, and improve the efficiency and quality of building construction.
Source: Home Improvement Interior Design